Sunday, March 22, 2009

Peres appeals to Iranians

"On the eve of the new year, I appeal to the noble Iranian people on behalf of the ancient Jewish people and urge them to reclaim their worthy place among the nations of the enlightened world," said President Shimon Peres in a special address broadcast on Israel Radio in Farsi ahead of the Iranian holiday Nowruz, that symbolizes the start of spring and a new year." For the whole article in Yediot go here

I do not like to bring politics, I dislike conflict, the reason I bring Peres is because I respect his ability to stick to his vision and not get dragged down by politics and tough reality, his life have been and still is completely intertwined with Israel birth and growth over the last more than 6 decades, if you would like to understand the story of Israel better, I would highly recommend his Biography by Michael Bar Zohar, it is an amazing account of him and of Israel.

No comments:

Post a Comment