Monday, March 16, 2009

Achinoam Nini (Noa)

You "should" listen to her songs. Achinoam Nini (Noa) is a very unique singer and person, An American - Israeli Yamanite, the words of her songs are very meaningful, and very touching,
Achinoam Nini sing "Come Bride"

Achinoam Nini sing "I am like that" Translation: I am like that, quiet like lake's water, loving the peacefulness of the ordinary, eyes of babies, and songs of Francis Jam.. The rest is so poetic, I do not dare to translate..

Achinoam Nini and Mira Awad "We can work it out"
I stumbled upon this clip while listening to Noa songs. On this clip she is singing and talking with an Israeli Arab about making peace. It is obvious that Israel needs to protect itself, at the same time it is important, I believe, to talk about what making peace might look like, what will it take to create a new kind of dialogue where peace have a place.

No comments:

Post a Comment