Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Hats for Israel - an amazing story

Few years ago we started Hats for Israel, here is a story I have just received from Sis Polin. Click here to find more How to knit a hat for an Israeli soldier

"We never seem to run out of projects, but I have to tell you what a small world this is. In collaboration with Boaz Pnini who prepared my grandkids for their Bat Mitzvahs, a few years back we started a program to knit hits for the Israeli Army. I have not been personally involved with this in recent years but got a call from my great nephew a few weeks ago who is a Los Angeles American serving in the Israeli Army. He simply said, “thanks Aunt Sis for my warm hat”. I was amazed that there was this personal connection and he got one of my hats. We sent notes along with them. I just checked with Boaz’s web site and lo and behold there is a link to my hat pattern."

No comments:

Post a Comment