Monday, April 6, 2009

The only singer I listened to when I served in the army..

In my early 20th, I was still serving in the army, I looked like the photo on the right. I was so excited to build my own stereo system, bought only one record of Mati Caspi and never stop listening to it. Here are 2 songs from that record: I DID NOT KNOW THAT YOU WILL GO AWAY FROM ME and ETERNAL COVENANT

Mati Caspi is one of these singers who became an integral part of Israel collective consciousness, if you like.. He is still singing and composing after all this years. Here are some of my favorite Mati Caspi songs from this period:
Eliezer Ben Yehuda (look at the translation and tranliteration ) It is a love song to.. The Hebrew Language.. the fascinating story of how one person, almost singlehandedly, did what most people deemed impossible, the modern revival of the Hebrew Language.

Here is a classic Mati Caspi, I still think it is beautiful.. The very intricate musical transitions are typical of his music
THIS IS MY SECOND CHILDHOOD And another typical and beautiful song with Yehudit Ravitz from those days, some 30 years ago SAMBA FOR TWO

2 comments:

  1. מתי כספי מוסיקאי מדהים
    אני חולה עליו

    ReplyDelete
  2. now in English.
    Mati Caspi is a great musician.
    I can sing his songs for the whole night (and I did it several times with friends)

    ReplyDelete